It's A Great Day for the Chirish!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oh! Ohio!


Well, we're in Chicago. I can't believe our visit to Ohio is over, but it was really great. On Thursday, we went to the Ohio State Fair. It was excellent as always, but verrrrry hot. Sheesh! We drank about 45 gallons of Crystal Light. Kiera enjoyed her first taste of fried cheese on a stick and she got to see the butter cow for the first time. We saw the lumberjack show, baby lambs, baby ducks, baby chicks, ate some ice cream, the kids rode some rides. We stopped by Donato's on the way home so Bobby could get his yearly fix. We saw Jeff Green, Bobby and Shannon's Tae Kwon Do teacher while we were over at Tamarack Circle. He didn't even recognize them at first - they've grown up a lot since he saw them last.

The next day, we went to the North Market and browsed in some short north stores. I sure miss those places. When we got back to the Wallin's, we got to visit with all of our Ohio friends who came over for a cook-out and a birthday party for Shannon! Carol Strick introduced the new birthday custom of spraying whipped cream into the birthday person's mouth while the crowd counts out loud, the number of years old the person is. This is a tradition to keep and cherish!! Of course, everyone wanted whipped cream sprayed in their mouth after the birthday girl, and Carol was all too happy to serve it up. It was great to see everyone, but I hated to see them leave.

On Saturday, we visited our old neighborhood and our neighbors. It was great to see them! The kids have all grown up so much. They got to play a little kick-the-can in the cul-de-sac just like the old days. But it was very hard to be there. It makes my heart hurt. I wish so much we could stay for good.

After the long ride to Chicago and the emotional drain of the annual Ohio trip, it's time for some sleep - I'm fried. Enjoy the pictures of our first leg of the journey. Good Night!

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy am I sorry I missed the trip to Ohio! The slide show was awesome, what great pictures. It was so good to see everyone in the pictures, it reminded me how much I do miss them. It is funny how the adults don't change at all - no one over 30 is getting older! - but the kids...Wow...they are really growing up. The boys look like men and the girls are still so cute, just bigger is all.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and here more stories. You really do a great job with this blog Kathleen, you should be very proud of yourself.

Today was spent extracting honey!!! The 2007 crop is awesome - it is dark (the best honey) and mighty tasty. The best part is that I got nearly 10 gallons off of just 2 hives. That's a lot of honey. Beekeepers measure honey by weight, which I don't get. Are they too good to measure by quarts and gallons? Well at 12.5 pounds per gallon I probably harvested about 115 to 120 pounds. The girls really worked hard for me this year! I should do something nice for them but they only live for 6 weeks, so the ones that really did all of the work making the honey are already dead...Oh well, their sisters will take care of the queen through the winter and we will start it all over again.

I also got a lot of wax! I love the wax. After the honey harvest is over I take my time seperating the honey from the wax and on a nice day with nothing much else to do I melt it down for candles. I am going to order a celtic cross candle form, which I think will look great with the beautiful yellow wax.

Well it is time for bed. I love you Darlin' and miss you and the kids. Keep sending and posting pictures. Kiera is so cute!!!

Will

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Kathleen.

Will

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Моя жена и я чувствовал себя таким радостным Иордании могли сделать свою домашнюю работу с идеи, которые он получил с помощью сайта. Это не совсем упрощенно только возможно делатьдаром советы, которые часто некоторые люди, возможно, пытается продать . Мы иметь в виду, что у нас есть владельца сайта , чтобы быть благодарны за это. Наиболее важные иллюстрации вы сделали,просто меню веб-сайта,отношения вы будете делать это легче порождать - он получил все фантастические , и это помощь нашим сыном и семьей считаем, что эта концепция является волнующим , и это чрезвычайно необходима. Спасибо за все куски! - Получить больше информации http://pans.inc2to.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home