It's A Great Day for the Chirish!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Great Wall...not for sissies

Well today we went to the Great Wall and it was awesome! So beautiful, it's hard to try to describe it. But I never knew how tough the climb is to the top and how steep! It's a good thing that Will and I are in perfect physical condition ;) Our guide told us to take the climb to the right - it was less crowded. So we did and she turned around and went to the coffee shop to wait for us. Nice

Then we went to the tomb of the 13th Ming emporer. We were told what a partier this guy was and a whole bunch of very interesting stories about imperial China. Will wanted to know how to aquire a concubine of his own, but I explained that he couldn't afford me let alone a concubine.

I am happy to report that tonight's dinner was much less scary then last night's. We had Peking duck and it was very good. However we had lunch at Pizza Hut (don't ask) and somehow I wound up with a piece of octopus on my pizza. What is it with these people and tentacles??

By the way Jayna, to answer your question, we did not bring Oreos but we did bring Peanut butter, Skittles and life-giving M&M's.

Don't forget to go to http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ourlittleflower/albums to see more pictures. I would upload more, but our internet connection is very slow. Tomorrow we go to Tianammen Square and the Forbidden city. Then Kunming tomorrow night and to get our baby on Tuesday! Stay tuned!

5 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping in touch this way and allowing us to share your "China Experience"! The pictures have not come up yet, but I will check later like I did yesterday. It is truly reassuring to hear from you. I log on through out the day, now I know to check in in the morning. Have another great day sightseeing!
Love, Diane and Robbie

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Will and Kathy~
Shannon sent Talia an email with this blog address attached. We were thrilled to hear about you going to China. Actually, we were talking about you all yesterday at a soccer game. Emily Wallin and Talia played against each other. Jay, Claire, Dondi and I sat and talked about you all and the baby. Now, that we have this blog site we will check in daily. I have a friend that does business in China several times a year and he always packs a jar of peanut butter~guess you didn't get that info ahead of time....hee! Our thoughts are with you, and we look forward to reading your updates. Best wishes and love from Ohio.

The Pangalangans

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger The Muellers said...

Hi!!!! It is great to hear from you! I will keep checking back for the pics to come through. It really isn't a very good sign when your guide didn't follow you. HA!HA! I know you guys should be sleeping now. I pray for you a restful sleep & continued strength. Enjoy your day tomorrow sightseeing. I know it is with great anticipation as you will be getting closer to the wonderful blessings in Kunming. When you might be feeling a little weary, just stop and think that all of "us" are with you! As for the food....soooo sorry to hear you have no Oreo's but I am thinking I would stick with the M&M's!! Keep in touch.
with our love & God's blessings, Jayna, Sandy, Emily, & Connor

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger The Muellers said...

Good morning!!! Have a GREAT day! Love, Jayna

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home