It's A Great Day for the Chirish!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

We're in Freakin China, Dude!!!

Well we made it! Our plane ride was very nice and we were met at the airport by our guide, Sunny. Our hotel is very nice and Beijing is a very pretty city with a mix of old and new architecture. But dinner....oh dinner was weird. We went to this place that served "the Emperor's Meal". The emperor must have been a pretty tough guy. There was one dish that was vaguely described as "seafood". It kept moving even after the waitress put the dish down. Unfortunately, Sunny didn't know enough English to tell us what we were eating so it was all pretty mysterious. I started to eat one thing (also called "seafood") and after a small bite, I pushed some of the breading off of it and there was some gray substance with what looked to be tentacles underneath. it's too disturbing...I can't talk about it anymore. Well, on the bright side, I may lose some weight while we're here.

I am having trouble getting photos to post on Blogger (plus the choices are all in Chinese) so please go to this link for photos: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ourlittleflower/albums

We have a driver, but we don't know his name cause he said it very fast and slurred it. When you ask someone to repeat they smile and say "yes" or "thank you".

Tomorrow we will visit the Great Wall and the thirteen Emporer's Tombs. It should be really fun. I think I may bring a couple of granola bars.

I am exhausted and I'm going to sleep. Updates to follow.

6 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

asdfa

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it to work! Thank you for writing so fast! I have been praying for your safe arrival and comfortable trip! The dinner does appear to be the real "Fear Factor" experience. Have a wonderful trip today! Again, I am so relieved to hear you are safe and having a great time. You are soooo far away! Keep those posts coming! Love, Diane

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely! Take care of yourselves, and watch what you eat! :)
Roberta

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger The Muellers said...

Hi! We are sooooo glad you have arrived safely. Thanks for taking the time to write. I know you have to be exhausted. We looked at the pictures. Keep posting them please. It is an awesome way for us to share this whole experience with you. By the way, did you happen to take any oreos or chips ahoy along? I hope so!!! May God continue to carry you and bless you. Jayna, Sandy, Emily, & Connor

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safely! I loved the picture of you on the plane...you looked tired but so happy!!!! As for the picture of the food....yikes!!!! Might be a good time to go veggie! Or rice, lots of rice!!!! Love, dru

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Peggy O'Brien said...

HI WILL & KATHY
The people in Memphis don't understand what I say either. Hand signals work though.
Wish I was there! Will watch for more posts.
Peggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home